Widgets

Bahomet, The Sabbatical Goat



When I think of ‘Shadow Work’ I immediately think of Baphomet. Baphomet is the ‘Sabbatical Goat’ incorporated into mystical traditions, who contains binary elements representing the equilibrium of opposites. In other words, duality.

He stands for good and evil, pleasure and pain, joy and sorrow, male and female, light and dark, life and death. His half-human, half-animal body nods to this. He reminds us that we all have a ‘Shadow’.

He has ‘Solve’ and ‘Coagula’ (Solve et Coagula) inscriptions on each arm; this means ‘dissolve and coagulate’ - separate and join - processes involved in Alchemy, Shadow Work, and life.




Alchemy is the art of transformation; the process of breaking something down into its most basic elements before transforming it, magically, into something else, something new. This is representative of all manner of things; for example the destruction of ego before the realization of the true self. We must undertake the pain of Shadow Work and break ourselves down (and build ourselves up) to become the most authentic, creative, energetic, awake, and together versions of ourselves.

Baphomet appears as the Devil card in the Rider Waite Tarot. How many of us have been wary of Baphomet for fear that he was ‘too dark’, completely missing that he has been present in our cards all along, and just represents the ‘Shadow’ part of our human form?

Baphomet is the profound message that all things must be in balance. You cannot truly experience pleasure without having experienced (at least some) pain, there is no light without dark, and there is no life without death. There is no human without Shadow. The ‘darker’ parts of us are what make us truly human. With this reminder, we can find space and energy for Shadow Work, and self-love and self-acceptance.

Amira Asmodea


If you want me to cast a spell for you, you can place an order HERE.

If you want to contact me, you can do it through my email address amiraasmodea@hotmail.com. Or you can find me on Facebook and Instagram

Share on Google Plus

About Me

Hi, I'm Amira Asmdodea. I was born in Brazil so many years ago. There I made my first steps in religion and witchcraft. I have learned Wicca in Ireland, Voodoo in Haiti, Gypsy Tarot in Bulgaria, and I have lived for a time in New York, where I had the opportunity to meet the greatest witches of these times. if you want to know more about me, click here to read my full biography. Welcome to my website and Blessings.

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Amira Asmodea